Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Episode 5: "Money Grows On Trees" Quest Step-by-Step Guide

Good news!  You have reached the "Money Grows on Trees" quest.  Upon completing the quest, you will have the opportunity to earn money from the Simoleon Sprout, which is a plant that you can grow every four hours.  You spin the wheel (like a slot machine), and depending on what you spin you earn money.  It costs $250 to plant, but the worse spin gets you $350, so you will net $100 at the minimum.  The best spin (3 pumpkins), will earn you $15,000.  After 8 months of playing, I've spun pumpkins about 5 or 6 times, so it happens, just not frequently.  In addition to the Simoleon Sprout, you will unlock the LP Plant.  You can spend real money to grow this plant and earn bonus LP.  But, I wouldn't encourage you to do so.  There are other ways to earn LP in the game that are free.  In addition, you can spend 5 LP, if you want to plant the Simoleon Plant early.  I don't recommend doing so, unless you are desperate for quick money.

This quest has no time limit and is a quick one.  Here are the steps:

  1. Ponder in a living chair (3 minutes):  The living chair is referencing a living room chair, such as a recliner or the one-seat chair that accompanies a living room set.  Tap on the chair and select the "ponder" option.
  2. Watch a documentary (50 minutes with a 2-star TV):  Tap on a TV and select the "documentary" option. Note:  You can start step 4 during this task.  For it to count towards the quest, make sure you don't complete growing your watermelon until you are assigned the task for it.
  3. Make a double shot of coffee (45 seconds):  Tap on a coffee machine and select the "double shot" option.  Note:  If you get footprints over your Sims head, you need to reposition your coffee machine or move something that is blocking your path.
  4. Grow watermelon (1 hour):  Tap on a plant patch and select the "watermelon" option.
  5. Make a hot snack in a microwave (4 minutes, 10 seconds with a 1-star microwave).  If you haven't done so, you will need to buy a microwave.  Buy one from the appliance section of your home store and place it on a counter or table.  I selected a 1-star microwave for $50 to conserve my money.  Once you have it placed, tap on it and select the "hot snack" option.
  6. Grow a Simoleon sprout (few seconds):  Tap on a garden patch and select the "Simoleon Sprout" option.  Then, spin the wheel and see what you won!
Congratulations! Your quest is complete.  Now, remember to check back every four hours (when possible) to take another spin of the wheel.

26 comments:

  1. I need help with the "make a hot snack in a microwave" part. No matter what I do, i don't get the option to make the hot snack. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you choose the microwave. The microwave has a white colour and it's cost 800 Simoleons.

      Delete
    2. Well ive bought an 800 simoleons microwave and done everything over and over and it still doesnt give me the option to hot snack. So im stuck and in on level 9. What else do i need to do?

      Delete
  2. I don't get the option for hot snack either when I tap the microwave!!! Help plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you choose the microwave. The microwave has a white colour and it's cost 800 Simoleons.

      Delete
    2. I have bought this microwave. It is the only one. I can't get it to offer a hot snack.

      Delete
  3. I can't get the option to grow a watermelon. Please help

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the plant but the quest is still there?! What to do? I can't do anymore quests?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean when you say that you can't plant the watermelon until you're asked to? Does that mean I have to wait until i get a quest to plant one?? Please reply I'm really confused!

      Delete
  5. I am having a problem , to finish me money grows in trees quest I need to use the microwave that says I just can use if I finish the bread winning quest, that I can just finish if in complete the money grows in trees quest ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also stuck on this quest as can't use microwave as haven't finished bread making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im stuck on the same I need help if you get help lmk please

      Delete
  7. i still dont have the sprout ive done everything apart frm the microwave as cant use that till i complete the moneytrees one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The option for that sprout doesnt come up�� and so it wont work. What do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need help with the love is in the air quest, I've tried to complete it but the quest doesn't show me the steps to complete the quest, I've tried to make them flirt but it keeps showing that the quest needs to be complete but it never shows the steps! I have even tried to re-download it and it still shows the same thing!! Please help me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get the "hot snack", just got 1 function which is "cooking" only. Any 1 can help me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot guys you have helped me wonderfully by providing the great information... http://www.wedotraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im having the same issue the microwave doesnt give a option for hot snack. It only gives you a cooking option. Also i grew watermelons before i had a task telling me to. What do i need to do to complete the money grows on trees quest ive done everything except the "hot snack" which there isn't a option for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can someone help me it doesn't show the hot snack option just the cooking one I really need to complete this quest!Anyone?

    ReplyDelete