Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Need for Steed" Quest Guide for "The Sims FreePlay"


New horse
The new update is here!  I completed the "Need for Steed" quest on "The Sims FreePlay" and I would like to share a walk-through of it with you.  This quest is available at Level 11 and the goal is to unlock the stables and add horses.  In addition to the new horses, you have new hobbies available (Tricks, Vaulting and Show Jumping).  I will update this blog with information about the hobbies tomorrow.  I haven't had a chance to do them yet.

If you complete the quest within 6 days and 23 hours, you will unlock a rainbow-powered Unicorn painting.  The name of the painting implies that there is something special about the painting, but it is just a painting.  I was hoping it would refill your needs like the singing fish.  

The pop-up screen introducing the quest, reads "Horses have been spotted on Mystery Island.  Give them a home and your Sims will be able to care for them".

Here are the tasks with instructions on how to perform them, along with the time needed to complete each one.  Note: I used LP to fast forward through the quests, so that I could get this guide to you quickly.

  1. Go for a drive (3 minutes):  Tap on a car and select the "go for a drive" option.
  2. Spot horses with a telescope (10 hours):  If you don't have a telescope, you will need to buy one from the "Promotions R Us" store.  Tap on the telescope and select the "look for horses" option.
  3. Go to Mystery Island (seconds):  Tap on the "Town Map" icon, and tap on the "volcano" icon to go to the Mystery Island.
  4. Spot the overgrown stable (seconds): You will see the new "stables" next to the volcano.  Tap on the "stables" icon.
  5. Call the mysterious number (30 minutes with 3-star phone):  Go to one of your houses and tap on a phone.  Select the "call mysterious number" option.
  6. Read a horse care manual (9 hours with a 3-star bookcase):  Tap on a bookcase and select the "Horse Care Manual" option.
  7. Call the mysterious number again (4 minutes with 3-star phone):  Tap on a phone and select the "call mysterious number" option.
  8. Look up a locksmith on a computer (2 hours with 3-star computer):  Tap on a computer and select the "look up locksmith" option.  Wow! 2 hours to find a locksmith.  Sims are not very good internet searchers, are they?
  9. Build the stables (2 days, 18 hours):  Go back to the Mysterious Island and tap on the "stables" icon.  For me, it cost $300,000 and took 2 days, 18 hours to build, but I think the time and cost will vary depending on how far you are in the game (I'm on the top level).  Tap the "build" option.  Once your stable is complete, tap on the flashing "stable" icon to make it official.
  10. Send a Sim to the stables (seconds):  Tap on the "stable" option to enter it; then, use Sim Tracker to whistle an available Sim to the stables.
  11. Clean up mess in front of yard (1 hour, 30 minutes):  You will look for the oil drum.  It will have a cloud with an exclamation mark over it.  Tap on the oil drum and select the "remove" option.
  12. Have 4 Sims at the stables (few seconds):  Open your Sim Tracker and whistle 3 more Sims to the stables.  If you do not have 3 more Sims available, you will need to complete their current tasks to bring them over.
  13. Clean up mess in yard with your 4 Sims:  You will see the cloud over a small rock pile.  Tap on it and select "remove".  Then, the cloud will appear over another item, and you will clean up that item as well, and so on, using multiple Sims simultaneously.  Here is a list of each item and how long it takes to clean up each:  Small rock pile (1 hour, 30 minutes), Tree stump (2 hours), wild grass (30 seconds), weeds (5 minutes), Old tyre (1 hour), Large rock pile (2 hours), Thistles (30 minutes) and Water Trough repairs (3 hours).  Note:  You can have more than 4 Sims help (if they are available) to clean up the mess faster, allowing you to complete this task in about 3 hours.  Also, Seniors can do the clean up as well as adult Sims.
  14. Watch the horse channel (3 hours with 3-star TV):  What is a quest without a little TV watching?  Tap on a TV and select the "watch horse channel" option.
  15. Practice brushing on another Sim (15 minutes):  This one is a bit weird.  Your first Sim brushes the back of your second Sim, while the second Sim pretends to be a horse.  Tap on the second Sim and select the "practice brushing" option.
  16. Encourage a Sim (30 minutes):  Tap on a second Sim and select the "Practice Encouraging" option.
  17. Repair a stable (8 hours and $30,000):  This task will cost Simoleons, so make sure you have enough.  Go to the stables and tap on the icon in the first stable stall.  Once the stable is repaired, you will see a flashing horse icon.  Tap on the flashing horse to complete the task.
  18. Call the stable owner back (5 hours with a 3-star phone):  Tap on a phone and select the "call mysterious number" option.
  19. Add a horse to the stables (seconds):  Tap on the horse icon in the first stable and pick the horse.  Initially, you can buy one of the two available 1-star horses.  The dappled grey costs $15,000 simoleons, or you can pick the patched brown for 10 SP.  The other horses will be unlocked as you complete the horse hobbies.
  20. Have a Sim feed horse (30 minutes):  Tap on the horse, and select the "feed" option.
Once step 20 is complete, you will receive the following message, "Congratulations!  Your Sim can now keep, care for and ride their very own horses.  Now repair and clear the hobby areas in the stables to enter your horses in Tricks, Vaulting and Show Jumping hobbies."

And, if you completed the hobby within the time limit, you will also receive a pop-up congratulating you on unlocking the "Unicorn Painting".

Unicorn Painting
 

The tasks in this quest were pretty straight-forward.  I think EA is getting better at explaining what to do in the quest.  Also, the total time to complete this quest for me was about 110 hours, which is very doable within the time limit (167 hours).  I'm looking forward to completing my hobbies and I will update this blog with a few more details once I do.  Happy Simming!

Update:  To do the hobbies, you have a lot of cleanup and repairs to make in the paddocks.  My next blog will cover the tasks to prepare the hobby areas and information about completing the hobbies.



43 comments:

  1. Do you use a Facebook for the new account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sage, my second game is actually through my son's facebook account. Since he wasn't playing, I restarted his game.

      Delete
  2. So happy I'm almost level 11 and I have the stuff for it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude i was already at level 17 when the update came so.....Ya. :]

      Delete
    2. And i"m 11 so.....:]

      Delete
    3. besides i"m already done

      Delete
  3. I was already at level 12 when this update took place and haven't been prompted for the need for steed quest! I even went to the stable and it doesn't let me select anything???? Plz help! How do I get it to leg me start the quest???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are in the middle of another quest, you will have to finish that one first. In my second game, I had to complete the toddler quest, and then the new one popped up.

      Delete
    2. I have been on level 11 & the swimmingly quest since the update. I was never prompted about the need for steed quest & haven't been able to find the stable on the island. I need help! There is no sign of any kind of horse stuff in my game

      Delete
  4. For the clean the yard task, is it your own front yard or the yard in the stable area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina. It is the yard in the stables, directly to the right of the stable building.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I still can't seem to find it though, does the drum only appear at certain times of day?

      Delete
    3. Katrina, the yard is attached to the stables and is a fenced in area with a water trough in it. Look for the exclamation point (blue and white).

      Delete
    4. Did anyone find this? Please share if so

      Delete
    5. I found the answer about the drum online. On mine it didn't have a cloud above it but it's at the barn, to the right of it and looks like a keg on its side. On my phone it had a cloud above it but playing on my Kindle it did not.

      Delete
    6. It might be late but u have to update it first to see the cloud at the barn

      Delete
    7. I can't find the drum. There's nothing with a cloud with an exclamation point in the right side of the stables! Please help me.

      Delete
  5. I have one horse and don't know how to make my sims have this as a hobby. The only choices are ride, groom, and pet. What do I have to do to start the hobby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I am working on a blog about how to do the hobbies, so keep an eye open for more details. But, I will give you a quick summary to get you started. First, you will need an adult for these hobbies. Around the stables, you will see 3 fenced-in areas. Right now, you can fix up two of those areas to do the hobbies. The first area to fix is the rectangular one directly to the left of the stables. Tap on the icon over the fence, you will need to tap on the repair option to repair the lock. Then you will need multiple Sims to clean up the yard, similar to what you did to clean up the area right next to the stable. Once the area is clean, you will need to repair the ground and the fence, which take 5 hours each. Once that is done, you can use this area to do horse tricks. You will need to complete the horse tricks hobby to unlock the 2-star horses for the horse vaulting hobby. Meanwhile, you can fix the vaulting area, which is the round area so that it is ready when you unlock the 2-star horses. You cannot repair the third oblong-shaped area until the May 22nd update.

      Delete
  6. I'm on the need for steed mission and I'm at the part where you have to clean up the oil drum in the yard. I don't have an exclamation mark on the oil drum in order to remove it. What do I do now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unable to find the oil drum too, anyone able to send a screen shot?

      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Where do I find my rainbow unicorn painting after I had won it from the quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in your home store in the decorations section.

      Delete
    2. U need to update it first then when go back to the barn that should help

      Delete
  8. I can't afford the promotions r us building what do you recommend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been stuck at the part about feeding the horse for over 2 weeks. The only option I get is rename. It's frustrating as I used my lp to fast forward thru it. Help

    ReplyDelete
  10. I passed the quest on time and it said I recived the unicorn painting but I cant find it anywhere .can someone please tell me where I can find it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry if this shows multiple times I have never used these sites but I am stuck trying to find the stable. I am past the quest for toddlers (on the swimming one) & have been on level 11 since may I have been having an issue finding the stables on the island! It's almost like it skipped the need for steed quest because I was too far ahead I guess? What do I do please help thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My horse only says "rename" not feed or anything. Does anyone know what's going on.?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do I get the horse back in the stable and make the gate shut?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have enough money to build the stables

    ReplyDelete
  15. By the way it doesn't cost 300,000 to build the stables it takes $20,000 to build the stables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is 30 too. How's your only 20. I'm jealous lil

      Delete
    2. The cost depends on how many other buildings you have built already e.g The mall, Promotions R Us store.
      The more you build the more costly the next one becomes.
      But that only applies to buildings in each category. Such as businesses prices will only go up the more businesses you build and the same for houses

      Delete
  16. Thanks admin for posting such a nice post about Sims game. Simcity Buildit hack

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm trying to figure out how to clean up the yard with my 4 sims. I feel like I already cleaned it up I mean...it's clean. But the task is still there I can't skip ahead. Someone help!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The repair a stable is So EXPENCIVE who really has 30000 simoleans just laying around

    ReplyDelete