Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How to Create a Pet Farm


My Pet/Hobby House
Note:  As of the Life Quest update, the pet glitch no longer works.  If you have not updated your Sims game with the new update, you can still take advantage of this glitch.

Do you want a pet farm?  If so, here is a step-by-step guide on how to create one. 

First, it is best to plan what kind of pet farm you want.  Do you want the pets on an empty lot, or do you prefer to have them on a plot with a house where you can do other activities as well?  Before creating mine, I visited both types of farms.  In the end (at least for my first farm), I decided to make a pet/hobby house.  I tend to get bored when there is nothing for me to do other than collect money and LPs.  My pet/hobby house is a place where I can collect the LPs and money and have my Sims perform tasks simultaneously.  Also, I tried to include all of the items a visiting Sim would need to complete goals.  A downside to the pet/hobby house is if you add too many pets, they tend to get in the way of your tasks.  So, if you are looking to add a lot of pets, I would recommend putting them on a empty lot.

Second, it will cost you a lot of money and LPs to create your pet farm.  Each time you add two pets, you will spend $13,000 and the LPs that it cost for the type of pets you pick.  If you don't have a lot of LPs to spend at this time, I recommend beginning with a pet/hobby house and buying the cheaper pets or relocating your current pets first.  You can add more expensive pets later. And, as your farm grows, you can move it to a bigger lot. 

Here are the steps you need to follow:

  1. Get 2 Sims, who live separately without other Sims, 2 pets each by either buying them in the pet store or relocating other Sims pets.
  2. Have the Sims become friends and have the one who lives at the house that you don't want to become your pet house ask the other to move in with him/her.  When 1 Sim moves in with the other, the moving Sims' 2 pets are left behind, leaving a vacant house with 2 pets. This vacant house will become your pet house.
  3. Click on the vacant pet house and choose "relocate household" ($8,000).  Then, select your 2 Sims that live together. When they move, they will bring their 2 pets with them to the pet house which already has the 2 abandoned pets, making 4 pets.
  4. Relocate one Sim back to the newly vacant house ($5,000).
  5. Get the Sim that moved out 2 new pets.
  6. Have your Sim with the 2 new pets ask the Sim at the pet house to move in with him/her.  This will leave the pet house vacant again, but with 4 pets.
  7. Relocate your household into the vacant pet house, now you have 6 pets.
  8. Repeat, repeat, repeat. 
I hope this helps anyone who is looking to add a pet farm.  My picture above is my current pet/hobby house. There are more pets than what you see in the picture.  The dogs tend to hang out behind the house and the cats like to migrate towards the sidewalk.  I'm taking a break from adding new pets, because I am using a lot of my LPs on my Mysterious Island.  Once I make the volcano erupt, my next endeavor will be to add 30 black cats to my haunted house since I spend a lot of time in that house ghost hunting.  Eventually, I will create a pet farm on an empty lot.

Please comment with any feedback or additional tips you may have for adding a pet farm.

32 comments:

  1. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site. best pet insurance for dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jake. I'm glad I could help. Good luck with your game!

      Delete
  2. It didn't wrk for me....help please,says can't relocate bc too many pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are on the Life Dreams update or the Horse update, this no longer works. EA fixed the glitch. The latest version that it works with is the New Year's update, which has the picture of a party hat and confetti. See the note at the top in red. If you recently began playing the game, you probably are on a newer version of the game and can't do the glitch.

      Delete
    2. It's too bad I just found this after the Life Dreams update 🙁 At least I have neighbors that have pet farms.

      Delete
  3. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about best pet insurance for dogs into the stuff you post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you already updated you can make a small house move in a sim and give that sim lots of pets the sim will live on the lot with the pets as the "pet farmer" and you can still have a pet farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how ? i try to make one but i cant ! i do the steps like Jennifer Stevens say here but i cant because i have the new update :( can you plz tell me step by step , because i dont understand what i must do !

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for someone with a pet farm to be friends with. If you have one please add me. OtokeO on game centre Toke Olagbaju on Facebook. If you do it'll really make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking for a sim with a petfarm to be friends with. If you have one please add me on game centre OtokeO or Facebook Toke Olagbaju

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please give me a great b day present by friend in me on Facebook My name is Joanna Richardson from Macon ga I really need friends with pet farms

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please give me a great b day present by friend in me on Facebook My name is Joanna Richardson from Macon ga I really need friends with pet farms

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please give me a great b day present by friend in me on Facebook My name is Joanna Richardson from Macon ga I really need friends with pet farms

    ReplyDelete
  10. What versions could I make a pet farm on?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah what version is it you need to do pet farm glitch?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great information! I have an old update on my Android so I plan on having a few pets on a lot while on the update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have a Game Center acct? And if so what is it? Thanks;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica Stevens may we have your info to become neighbors? I don't have anyone with a petfarm but would love to visit. Game Center ID Largo2311 or Facebook Andreas Neff. Thank you in advance if anyone neighbor's me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that should have said Jennifer Stevens.

      Delete
  15. Desperately need a friend with a pet farm, I would love if you could add me. Sharon Archdale on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need a friend with a pet farm while i create my own! Yoanly Jusino on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need a friend with a pet farm while i create my own! Yoanly Jusino on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The largest on the other side would indri lemur, which weighs usually an average of 15 lbs. my lost pet alert

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need neighbours with pet farm on windows phone please.PLAYER723878640

    I was on android and I had a really nice city but now I have windows os and I am stuck.
    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tried doing this but when I relocate household to the abandoned pets one it pops up saying woah you can't do this as too many pets: ( been trying to build a oetfarm for days now ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tried doing this but when I relocate household to the abandoned pets one it pops up saying woah you can't do this as too many pets: ( been trying to build a oetfarm for days now ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can someone with a pet farm add me. Game Center Tay Tay mavlovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. someone with a pet farm add me, my Game Center username is tieganhopkins and my Facebook is also tieganhopkins add me. Or add callumhopkins on Facebook please thankyou much appreciated X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is anyone here in 2018 cuz I really need a pet farm

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! dog health problems symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  26. New Method: carry kitten/puppy >> exit game before "put on ground" action finished OR carry pug >> exit game before "put on ground" action finishes. [Can only have 2x your number of total sims as pets]

    ReplyDelete