Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Baby Glitch - A How-To Guide

The baby glitch at one of my houses.
 
Note:  As of the Life Quest update, the baby glitch no longer works.  You can successfully do the glitch if you have not updated your game with the Life Quest.

After several failed attempts, I figured out how to do the baby glitch by compiling information from various sources.  I would like to share this information with you. 

Preparing for the Glitch

Before jumping in and starting the steps to add multiple babies to your families, there are a few things you need to do to be prepared.  First, you cannot be at your Sim limit.  You need to have at least one Sim available to add.  For instance, I am on Level 47, but I already had 30 Sims and I was unable to add one until Level 50.  I deleted my newest Sim to be below the limit.

Second, you need to decide how many houses and which ones you want to use to add extra babies. You can add babies to one house or more.  I chose to use three houses on premium lots.  Since I will be making large families, I wanted the extra space that the larger lots provide. Keep in mind that you need to pick houses with 1 or no children.  If there are already two children in a family, the glitch will not work. 

Third, you need to make sure that all of your couples where you will add children are married.  I married 3 couples to prepare for the new babies at my three houses.

Fourth, you will need a decent amount of LP.  Yesterday, I went through about 200 LP to get the couples married, to add 3 babies, to bake a cake and to speed up the baking of that cake to grow a baby to a toddler, to add one more baby, and to get a lot of Sims baking additional cakes.

Fifth, start baking your birthday cakes.  Depending on the number of babies you wish to add, you will need to have cakes available to age your babies.  The good news is there is a birthday cake glitch where you can bake cakes quickly without using a lot of LP.  Click on the link to read the blog. Once you make a lot of cakes, be careful with accidentally aging your Sims.  Aging your Sims is very easy to do, so I recommend only making the exact number of cakes that you will need to perform the glitch.  


Finally, one other item that I would like to mention is that I read in many places that to successfully use the baby glitch, you should have all your Sims busy with a task, such as sleeping or farming with the exception of one.  The one Sim should be busy doing a task in another town.  I wasn't sure if this mattered or not, so I chose to follow this step. But, it may actually be for a different baby glitch.  Regardless as to whether or not this step is necessary, it is easier to concentrate on the baby glitch if all of your Sims are situated with other tasks, so I strongly recommend making all of your Sims busy. 
 

The baby glitch is a two-part process.  Complete part 1 at each house before you continue to part 2.


Part 1


  1. Go to each house where you want to add babies and put 2 cribs at each of these houses.  I added 2 cribs to each of the 3 houses, for a total of 6 cribs.  When you add the cribs, the baby icon above the cribs should be blue. 
  2. Start in one house and click on a crib and pay 3 LP to add a baby.
  3. The baby icon above the crib where you are adding the baby turns pink and blue.  Click on this icon to deliver your baby by paying 23 LP. 
  4. The icon that was pink and blue turns green.  Click on the green icon and add your baby.  Don't worry about changing the baby's appearance or name, because you will be deleting this baby.
  5. Once you add the baby, the game will take you to the town map or another Sim's house.  Using the town map (never use Sim Tracker), go back to the house where you added the new baby.  One crib will show a baby and the second one a green icon. 
  6. Make sure the green diamond is over the baby and click on the wardrobe to delete the baby.  Note: To delete the baby, when you are on the screen to make changes to the baby, there is a red icon in the top, left-hand corner.  Click on the icon to delete the baby.
  7. After the baby is deleted, one crib should have a green icon and the other icon should be blue.  Do not do anything else to these cribs at this time.
  8. Go to another house where you are adding babies and repeat steps 2 through 7.  Once you are done with these steps, all houses where you are adding babies should show one of the cribs with a flashing green icon.


Part 2


  1. After you complete Part 1, go to one of the houses where you are adding babies and click on the flashing green icon to create your baby Sim.  You will be keeping this baby, so make sure you name it and choose its appearance.
  2. Once you add the baby Sim, the game will automatically take you to a different house.  From the town map, go back to the house with the baby.  You will see that one crib has a flashing green icon and the other crib has the baby. See the above picture for an example.
  3. Click on the baby  and select "have a birthday" to grow it to a toddler. When you grow the baby to the toddler, the crib where the baby was will have a grey icon, while the second crib will still have a flashing green icon.  Note: If you do not have a birthday cake made, you will need to make one before completing this step.
  4. Once the baby is a toddler, go to a different house using the town map, preferably one where you are not adding babies, and whistle the toddler to that house.  Note: Don't forget to have an adult at this house or you will not be able to bring over the toddler.
  5. Go back to the toddler's house using the town map and the second crib will have a flashing green icon, the one where your first baby was will be grey. Add another baby by clicking on the flashing green icon over the second crib. You will be sent to another house after you add the baby. When you go back to the house using the town map, you will notice that your baby has switched from the crib with the flashing green icon to the crib that had the grey icon.  The crib where you added the baby will have a flashing green icon again.
  6. Repeat steps 1 to 4 for any additional houses where you are adding babies.  As you grow each baby to a toddler and whistle him/her to another house, you will be able to add another one.

I think it is important to note that even though you have 2 cribs in each house, you should have only one baby at a time.  It is the second crib that makes the glitch work.  I call this crib the "baby portal". As long as you have one baby and one crib flashing green, you will be able to continue using the glitch.
 
A few other things to keep in mind is if you haven't completed the baby quest, you will not be able to use this glitch.  Also, I think this glitch is better for those who have 15 or more adult Sims in their town.  Otherwise, you won't have enough adults available to bake cakes, earn LPs and perform other tasks.  However, with the adult update, you can make it work with less Sims since you can age your Sims as you make them.

So far, I am at 74 Sims. I may not add anymore.  A downside to so many Sims is that it becomes hard to juggle them.  I have aged all of my toddlers to pre-teens with the exception of 2 of them.  The preteens go to school, dive and ice skate to earn LPs and XPs.

Thanks for reading.  I will blog again about this topic once I build my families.  Let me know if this guide helps or if you have any questions or advice of your own.  Feel free to submit a comment in the comments section.



13 comments:

  1. I tried it and it had it's little problems but all in all I ended up with 7 new sims! Thank you for posting this. Btw I think it IS very important to have every one situated where they need to be before you begin. I found that out the hard way lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn Lott, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you were able to get it to work for you. I tweaked the blog a bit to include your suggestion about everyone being situated. I agree that it is easier to concentrate on the glitch if you don't have other Sims getting in the way. Let me know if there were any steps that you had trouble understanding and I can try to clarify them for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer thank you so much for creating this blog for the baby glitch. I have been hesitating to do the baby glitch for over a week because it seemed so confusing. I just happened to come across your link to your blog and it made the process sooooo easy. I breezed thru the process and forgot how nervous I was about the process. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine, your welcome! I'm glad you found it helpful. I wrote the blog because I had the same problem as you and I had trouble finding good directions. Feel free to share the link with anyone else looking to do the baby glitch. I'm not sure if our ability to use the glitch will go away with the new updates, but I hope not. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyvm for making this guide. You made things clear and easier to understand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second, you need to decide how many houses and which ones you want ... lpshouses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you use the baby hack on a lower level

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I finished customize the baby and chose the tick, the game took me right back to the house where I am?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Babies need to feel like they are being tuned in to - as much as it might torment us to do the tuning in! Simply hold your baby and enable her to get the shouting out of her framework, and you'll see that once she believes she's had a decent cry she will be a lot more joyful, and along these lines so will you.Best convertible car seats under $200

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information..
    Best Bow Sight

    ReplyDelete